Sonos has announced a new speaker that expands its home theater line-up. The Sonos Ray soundbar offers consumers a more compact and affordable option from the Sonos range when upgrading their home theatre system. The Ray joins the Sonos soundbar collection alongside the premium Arc soundbar and the compact, Beam (Gen 2), the Ray will be an even more affordable soundbar option.
Despite its compact size, Sonos claims that the Ray can deliver room-filling sound. With the Ray, Sonos aims to bring great sound for TV, movies, and more to a wider audience by expanding its home theater range with a more accessible price point.
Over the past 2 years, homes have become movie theatres; fitness studios; and gaming hubs, all supported by a streaming era with multiple platforms offering enticing. Enhancing your home entertainment system with a soundbar, like the Sonos Ray, makes it easier than ever to enhance those listening experiences, thanks to its smaller size and impressive sound. Shopping for the best price on a soundbar for your home can be a tricky task, and the Ray aims to make shopping for a soundbar an easy, more inexpensive experience.
PriceCheck tip: If you’re going to have some stellar sound, you need a quality TV to go with it. PriceCheck has the best deals and specials on smart TVs in all one place.
Experience blockbuster sound
According to Sonos, the Ray raises the bar for at-home entertainment with new acoustic innovations that deliver balanced sound, crisp dialogue and solid bass. Stand-out features include:
- Room-Filling Sound: Custom-designed waveguides project sound from wall to wall, and advanced processing accurately positions elements throughout your room, so you feel like you’re at the centre of the story.
- Precisely Balanced: A new bass reflex system with a proprietary design delivers thrilling lows with perfectly weighted bass, while custom acoustics precisely harmonize mid and high-range frequencies.
- Tuned to Perfection: Like all Sonos speakers, Ray was tuned with the input of the Sonos Soundboard, a collection of leaders across music, film and more. Fine-tune the sound even further with Trueplay to create the ideal listening experience for any room.
- Enhanced Listening: Sonos’ Speech Enhancement ensures even greater clarity, so you never miss a word, while Night Sound reduces the intensity of loud effects so you don’t disturb anyone else at home.
- Compact Design: Whether you’re placing it on your media stand or tucking it inside a credenza, Ray’s understated and impressively compact design blends into any space.
- Sustainable Sound: Ray also features the brand’s most sustainable design packaging to date, with a gift box and protective cushions that are 100% post-consumer recycled paper.
The Sonos Ray brings the brand’s simplicity and versatility to a more accessible price point, making it easy to build your first home theatre setup or expand in more rooms. The new soundbar is compatible with all of your favourite streaming services, so you can enjoy movies, music and more with simple setup and control – just open the Sonos app and start listening in minutes.
You can easily control Ray with your existing TV remote, the Sonos app, Apple AirPlay 2 and more. Add a pair of Ones to your home theater setup for surround sound or connect to any Sonos speaker for multi-room listening.
The Sonos Ray will be available globally on 7 June at a recommended retail price of R6,499 in both black and white colourways.